Parking in Charleston can be found 4 different ways...
- Parking Decks are scattered about the city. These have hourly rates and are much easier to find than street parking.
- Non-metered Street parking. This is very rare and generally only around White Point Garden and The Battery at the tip of the Charleston peninsula.
- Metered Street Parking. It is important to note that parking is regulated fairly heavily. Watch closely where and how you park to avoid tickets!
- 30 minute to 1 hour parking. These areas are generally notated with a red band around the parking meter.
- Residential Parking Permitted areas. The vast majority of Residential Parking areas, typically marked with rectangular signs and green lettering. They typically allow for parking up to 2 hours.
- Parking lots. These lots are scattered about the city. Some lots have attendants, some have parking meters and some restrict access for monthly rental.
My list primarily focuses on multi-floor parking decks and garages. Each link will display a map with the surrounding businesses and restaurants.
The next phase will incorporate lists of attractions that are closest to each parking structure.
**** Please note: Parking was heavily revised in early 2018. I will be revising this information by mid-December 2018!! ****